It's been a while ...

... I know, since I last posted.  A lot of life has happened since then.

At the time of my last blog post in June 2016, our family was still deeply grieving the unexpected deaths, 31 days apart, of my father-in-law and my mother.  Sudden cardiac arrests for both of them resulted in them leaving us just weeks before the holidays.  They were active parents and grandparents one day, then gone the next day.  Taylor's miracle testimony, at least for me at that time, was the salve for my grief ~ helping me to "remember" God is Good.

I found it difficult to continue writing about Taylor's miracle when others, outside of our family, were experiencing unanswered prayers.  Death was their heartbreaking result.  My faith and trust suddenly brewed-up more questions than answers.  One of which was ... how does God choose who He grants a miracle to when others deserving of one, die?  With this puzzling question, it was just too difficult for me to continue the testimony.  It felt awkward and boastful, so I placed the blog on pause.

During the fall of 2016, I closed the gift shoppe and accepted a part-time office position with our church as a receptionist and women's ministry administrative assistant. 

Months later, multiple deaths would once again rock our family ...  just days apart... again.

In August of 2017, as I was attending a leadership conference in a large stadium, my name suddenly appeared on the jumbo screens with a message for me to report to the lower arena office.  I knew instantly it had to be bad news when my silenced cell phone revealed many missed calls.  It was there, with church staff co-workers gathered around me, that I learned my younger brother had collapsed at work and died of cardiac arrest.

A few days later, during my brother's funeral service, our sweet, future daughter-in-law suffered a stroke at the unbelievable age of just 23 years old.  She was hospitalized for nearly a week as stunned doctors searched for the cause in the otherwise healthy young lady.  We thank God for answered prayer she did not suffer permanent paralysis.  Therapy helped restore her slight speech imparament and limb weaknesses on one side.   Today, we are so grateful for God's mercy and grace as we anxiously await the November 2018 wedding of our boy Taylor and girl Taylor.

My mother-in-law's death followed 37 days later due to complications of extended grief following my father-in-law's passing.  Her death was different than the others.  It was a month long hospital stay of agonizingly slow heart and lung failure complicated by her will to no longer live.

It all just became too much.

While my mind thought it was handling all the grief, family and work responsibilities, my body shouted otherwise.    A few days after my mother-in-law's funeral, I was admitted to the hospital for four days with heart related complications.

Now, six months later, I am better.  I am under the care of a cardiologist based on my family history of events.   My faith, time in God's Word, and prayer has also been a powerful prescription for strength and healing.  God is lovingly guiding me to the answers that I seek, such as the recent message below from our senior pastor.  He discussed the practicality of prayer and miracles.  It's really good.  Listen now, or check back later as part of your daily God time.

Reset-Ron-042218 from Pathway Community Church on Vimeo.


So ... someday, I plan to finish sharing Taylor's miracle testimony here on the blog.  There is so much more of God's powerful glory in this story to share.  But to do so, it rekindles memories of tremendous anguish as I transfer the manuscript words to blog.  I just can't go to those places right now as I continue to recover.

My days of healing are spent with an intentional pursuit of rest and reducing stress and anxious thoughts.  I'm hopeful that future blog posts will continue to shine God's glory and transformation in this daughter's life while being comforted by His grace.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  ~ Philippians 4:6-7

Comments

  1. Oh I am so, SO sorry to read of all your hurt! Pausing right now to pray for you. I know words aren't adequate, but my heart breaks for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Bekah, for your kindness and prayers. You are such a joyful, dedicated servant of God! Thank you for all YOU DO!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial Tribute to Granny

2016 ~ Remember