August Bounties and Birthdays

But first ...  "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him."  ~  1 Samuel 1:27 

Baby's parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents
First grandchild for Girl Taylor's parents.  Sixth grandchild for Chris and I.

Welcome to the granddaughter club, sweet pea!  Danika (15 - next month) and Haylee (20).
You are dearly loved already!  We can't wait to meet you with lots of smoochies and snuggles!

Fur-sister, Lucy, is so excited too!

"...we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders He has done."  ~ Psalm 78:4 ...not only for the miracle of this precious new baby, but also for the healing miracles received by both boy Taylor and girl Taylor themselves from separate life-threatening medical situations in years past and recent years.  What a continuous blessing of miracles from our Lord!  We praise You and thank you, God!   


August Bounties from the garden:


August has brought bountiful garden harvests every other day or so.  We thank you, Father God, for the zucchini, cucumbers, sweet banana peppers, HOT (extremely HOT) chili peppers, yellow and red tomatoes, and cherry snack tomatoes that are currently providing from our "yard to table".  We've also harvested one dinner of corn-on-the-cob with more to harvest soon.  What a thrill to shop for produce in the backyard for nightly dinners.  And to know it's been organically grown with no pesticides at very little cost during extremely high grocery prices at this time. 

"The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest."  ~  Psalm 85:12 

It's also been thrilling to watch the re-bloom life cycle of my first orchid on the window sill in the background.   The orchid was given to me a year ago on Mother's Day (2021) from the Taylor's.  I kept watering plain 'ol green leaves all winter and spring hoping for a rebloom flower spike to grow.  To my delight, the first flower blooms appeared the last week of June.  Finally, two months later, the blooms have faded from bright yellow to very light yellow and are now wilting fast.  I was amazed the strong, beautiful flowers lasted for two whole months on our window sill.   I'm hoping I can keep the plant alive another year for another round of blooms next summer!

The first of five buds bloomed on June 27, 2022 from last year's Mother's Day gift 2021.

In full bloom two weeks later, July 11, 2022, and will last till early September!

Upclose July 11, 2022


August Birthdays:

I have heard it said, August is the most popular birthday month.  The Ram Fam is no exception to that statement. We celebrated FIVE August birthdays this month plus a July 30th birthday with a family BBQ last Saturday.  I was so busy helping with food and visiting, I totally forgot to take pictures.  I was so bummed!   I'll pray my senior brain will not be so forgetful next August.

So, since our daughter, Holly, and I share the same August birthdate, I'll just post ...

A Peek from the Past...

My best birthday gift ever!  1983

"Each one of you is part of the body of Christ, and you were chosen to live together in peace."  ~  Colossians 3:15 (CEV)

"How wonderful it is, how pleasant, for God's people to live together in harmony!"  ~ Psalm 133:1 (TEV)


Dear Heavenly Father, 

You write the best stories.  Thank You for helping me remember and document the moments when Your presence felt so near and how You have been faithful yesterday, now, and always.  As I recount them to others, I pray that it would turn hearts towards You.  

In Jesus' name I pray, 

Amen.

and For Him,




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial Tribute to Granny

A gift sour, sweet, just right

2016 ~ Remember