2016 ~ Remember

2016.  Goals.  One word.  God.  Me.  Trust.  Honor.  Reveal.  Unveil.   Enough.

My unsettled thoughts frustrated me.  They were scattered all over my heart and mind last month during my annual year-end pilgrimage of goal-setting and the selection of one word inspiration for the new year.  My thoughts were also jumbled with quotes I had heard or read throughout 2015.  Quotes that I wrote down so I would remember them.

"Memories keep us warm." ~ Bonnie Gray ~ author/blogger

"The greatest enemy of faith is forgetfulness. When you stop remembering you start forgetting the reminders of God's faithfulness to us."  ~  Ron Williams, Senior Pastor, Pathway Community Church (my church pastor)

Remembering.

"And there it is," God gently whispered to me.  "Remember and honor Me, the Lord your God, with your testimony," He continued.

Wow.  As in years past, I trusted His guidance to reveal and whisper my one word.  But wait.  There was something more this year.  Did He also say "honor Me with your testimony"?

My testimony?   Really?   MY testimony?  Serious prayer was sent up requesting additional clarification, please.  And guidance and courage blessings wouldn't hurt either.  I didn't have to remind Him of my fears and private, introverted personality because after all ~ He created me and walks with me ~ and for His purpose I've come to understand.  But silly me, I reminded Him anyway for His fatherly comfort.

He gently reminded me that I have ignored His recent nudges to rekindle this blog.  But, He patiently knew and understood that my words and strength for blogging were buried in my current season of grief.   A double whammy season of grief beginning fourteen months ago when my father-in-law passed away unexpectedly from a sudden heart attack shocking our family to it's core in disbelief and loss.  Then, just 31 days later, my mother passed away unexpectedly from a sudden heart attack ~ collapsing and drawing her last breath in my arms on a snowy Main Street sidewalk.

So, I am humbly here today with one word, an assignment from Him, and a servant's heart for the upcoming year.  I'm not sure how this will all play out in the days, weeks, months and year ahead.  But one thing I am reminded of ... He walks with me and He talks with me and tells me I am His own ... as I remember ... and honor Him ... with my testimony ... and comforts of His grace.



Comments

  1. I have missed you and would love to see you return to blogging! I adore the quote from Bonnie Gray and agree - remembering the Lord and honoring Him with your testimony is HUGE. Sending hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thank you Bekah for your sweet words of encouragement and hugs! I so appreciate your comments. Looking forward to catching up again with you too in the blogosphere or what is it you call it again? Blog-a-roo? A warm hug back at ya!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial Tribute to Granny

It's been a while ...