Loving from a distance

Sometimes, I believe, we're called to love from a distance.  Thankfully, that earthly calling is rare, but with faith in Him I have trusted and obeyed in the past.  And, Oh, what beautiful results only He has provided!   (Note to self:  future blog posts!!)
 
These four words have been whispered on my heart, yet again, as I seek His guidance.  I could not survive without His protection and comforts of His grace.
 
How peaceful are His whispers.  Loving whispers.   That's how I know they are from Him.  Yet sometimes, the whispers are SHOUTED for quick retrieval of comfort and protection for us and others sent our way.
 
This isn't the first time I have heard these four words whispered to me when I want to take control and somehow fix everything.  As loved ones face messy consequences from their choices along their journey, I have been encouraged ... on rare occasions ... to prayerfully love from a safe distance, letting go of my inefficient human control, and let God fix their hearts and circumstances.  And trust ... trust in Him that someday the seekers will give credit and praise to the Father instead of undeservingly me.
 
"Dear God,  Today, I humbly pray for your comforting arms to wrap lovingly around loved ones who are hurting right now.  Please, Lord, heal hearts that are broken, sometimes bitter, and hiding behind social masks seeking a listening ear and support from this world instead of You, the Only One, who knows every heart and blemish.  Help us to listen for guidance first through Your word and Your loving, gentle whispers ~ instead of reaching for our smartphones first.    Please God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change (but You can!), courage to change the things I can (with Your support), and wisdom to know the difference (with Your guidance) ... as I continue to trust and praise You, above all others, for peace, joy, and comforts of grace.  In Jesus' loving name, I pray.   Amen."
 
 
 
 
 
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 New Living Translation (NLT) ~
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial Tribute to Granny

2016 ~ Remember

It's been a while ...