Daughters



Recently, all my daughters and I shared a fun and special evening together.  As I lovingly gazed around the steakhouse dinner table savoring the girl talk and giggles, I paused on the word ... daughters.  Wow.  That's daughters, now, with an "s".

In that moment, a silent prayer I said.  Tears of gratefulness welled-up quickly and threatened to reveal themselves down my cheeks as I thanked God for His blessings of these girls.   A birth daughter, two granddaughters, a future step-granddaughter, and hopefully a future daughter-in-law ~ a mini-van load of all my daughters ~ gathered in one place, at the same moment, for an evening of dinner and shopping together. What a rare treat to coordinate with multiple households, work, school, and activity schedules!  And NO BOYS!

I reached for the camera in my purse and when the waiter stopped by, he gladly captured the above picture for us.  A special picture marking a special moment in time because ...

After dinner, my bounty of beautiful daughters and I, shopped for wedding dresses!   Yes!  So ... anticipation and excitement consumed the evening!  Our daughter, Holly, and her fiance, Joe, are getting married this Saturday, April 12th, in a very small, private wedding ceremony surrounded by just their parents, children, and brothers.  I am so honored to have been asked to be my daughter's matron-of-honor.

For extended family and friends, Holly and Joe are planning a celebratory reception and vow renewal ceremony next year for all to attend.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers this joyous week-end ahead.  In addition to our bounty of beautiful daughters, Chris and I are thrilled to welcome a loving and caring son-in-law and grandson to our brood of boys.   We are so richly blessed!


"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.  Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."   
                                               ~ Ephesians 4:2-3



Comments

  1. Oh, God is so good, Cheryl! Your cup runneth over ... truly, these are the times to savor!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda, for your always kind and encouraging words. I am so honored by your visits to my blog. Enjoy our beautiful, spring sunshine heading your way tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial Tribute to Granny

2016 ~ Remember

It's been a while ...