Feel the Fear and Leap Anyways



Hearing God's whispers on my heart lately.

I'm listening.  I'm trusting.  And I'm leaping.  Again.




With fear in my head, but faith in my heart ... I have decided to leap from a long comfort zone (twelve years) of part-time employment in real estate to pursue a completely different work adventure in self-employment.   Mid-January, I gave notice to my employer that I would be leaving.

This isn't the first time I've taken a leap and embraced a move outside my comfort zone.   There have been many small ones and a few HUGE ones in my lifetime.   Fortunately, with each courageous leap in the past, I can look back now and see His plans for me unfolding with purpose and clarity.  I am so thankful for His guidance and grace.

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase."
                      ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chris graciously donated his office space at the shop to me to get started.  He has also been working tirelessly between two jobs, snow storms, sub-zero temperatures, frozen pipes and the stomach flu to remodel the interior for me.   I am such a lucky girl to have a husband who inspires and pushes me toward a dream.


After removing the outdated suspended ceiling tiles for replacement, Chris and Ryan decided instead to demolish the old, crumbling plaster/lathe ceiling all the way to the rafters!  What a dirty mess that turned out to be!

Chris inspecting one of many old things found in the rafters.
And who's fancy idea was that anyway, Ryan?

While we are still currently in the "man" stage of remodeling, our three sons have generously contributed countless hours and entire week-ends in support of the project.  Chris and I are so very blessed to have sons gifted in various mechanical, electrical, and building construction skills.

Chris, Ryan and Taylor preparing an old brick room/nook for new wiring and drywall.

Taylor and Ryan running wires for the new ceiling fan.


Taylor ... waz up?


  Austin offering his construction trades experience and muscle, while Taylor brings us into the 21st century with the latest in wiring, electronic technology and gizmos.


Ryan is Mr. Smooth with the drywall mud.

Holly gets in on the action too.
Never one to shy away from her three little brothers to show 'em how it's done, our daughter, Holly, has always demonstrated "Girl Power" among a family of boys!

Holly and I will be taking over shortly with decorating ... so more updates and announcements to follow soon!

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
                      ~ C.S. Lewis


Comments

  1. WOW! You go, girl! Can't wait to hear about this new venture of yours ...

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial Tribute to Granny

2016 ~ Remember

It's been a while ...